ROBERTSON FOUNDATION | PROGRAM STAFF, ENVIRONMENT PORTFOLIO
• Do you have a track record of intellectual rigor and academic achievement?
• Do you have deep knowledge of fields related to the environment, especially from a scientific or engineering perspective?
• Do you daydream about ways to encourage a transition to a low-carbon economy?
• Do you believe philanthropy has the capacity to move the needle on climate change?
• Are you able to check your bias at the door and open yourself up to inquiry, challenge, and change?
If you answered YES to all of the above, we invite you to apply to the Robertson Foundation for a full-time position on our Environmental Team.
THE ROBERTSON FOUNDATION is a private, family-led foundation established in 1996 by Julian Robertson and his wife Josie. By taking a targeted yet creative approach to philanthropy, Mr. Robertson, the Chairman of Tiger Management LLC., and his family seek to have a positive social impact and create a legacy that reflects the family’s values. The Robertson Foundation looks to maximize the impact of its efforts and drive superior results by making large, transformative grants that leverage the Foundation`s resources beyond the immediate funds committed, thereby reorienting the thinking, policies, and approaches of governmental entities and other philanthropic initiatives.
• Manage multiple grants, working with external advisors and colleagues and reporting to senior leadership and/or the Environment Portfolio Lead;
• Assist with the design and implementation of new strategies;
• Monitor and evaluate grant progress, budgets, and metrics through site visits and written reports;
• Prepare presentations and written materials for internal and external audiences;
• Draft and prepare written materials with quick turnaround such as Power Point presentations, Excel spreadsheets, one pagers, talking points or web content;
• Ensure team leaders are prepared for presentations, meetings, and other key activities; and
• Assist on other projects as assigned.
We seek responses from a range of dedicated, curious individuals with outstanding analytic, communication, organizational, and interpersonal skills.
• An undergraduate degree, graduate degree preferred;
• No less than 5 years relevant career experience;
• Deep knowledge of climate change and energy technology, as well as familiarity with other environmental problems;
• Coursework in science or engineering, if not work experience in these areas;
• Excellent writing and research skills;
• Outstanding analytical and critical thinking skills with an openness to contesting ideas and recommendations and the flexibility to change course as needed;
• Ability to synthesize large quantities of information and distill into relevant analysis;
• Adaptability to a variety of work styles, from fast-paced to quiet and serious;
• A creative, proactive, and entrepreneurial mindset;
• Acute attention to detail;
• A strong understanding of quantitative research methods (e.g. ability to interpret statistical analyses, financial metrics, etc.); and
• Commitment to a collegial, team-oriented workplace.
The position is full-time; compensation includes salary and full benefits package.
If interested, please email or send a cover letter and resume to email address provided below.
Robertson Foundation values diversity and is committed to the recruitment and retention of individuals of diverse backgrounds, sex, race, religion, age, disability, gender preference and sexual orientation.
Please submit all electronic materials via email in PDF format.